Attention parents who have 2-3 years-old children within the district…
Join the KRESA Great Start Family Music Class!
FALL SESSION DATES: Thursdays, 10-10:45 am, September 29-November 17, at Galesburg-Augusta Primary School, 315 W. Battle Creek St, Galesburg, MI
In this class you will play, dance, and sing Music Together with your child(ren) and Ms. Angie Biehl, an early childhood music specialist with the Marvelous Music program, a partnership between the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra and Crescendo Academy of Music.
What will class be like? We will sit in a circle, welcome everyone with our “Hello, Everybody” song and get right to “work” singing and playing together. Grownups are invited and expected to participate musically - because *you* are your child’s most important teacher!
- Come to class dressed comfortably for movement, and note that we will sit on the floor.
- Participate! Sing along, move your body to the music, and ask questions.
- Explain to your children about staying on your own blanket/seats, using only your instruments, safely distancing from others, and wearing masks in the building.
- Download the free “Hello, Everybody” app to your phone or other devices (more info below).
- Let Marci Beebe know if you need to miss class. Call or text: Marcie 269-720-7500
- Come to class if you or your child(ren) are feeling ill.
- Bring food to the music circle (except nursing/bottlefed babies).
- Use your phone or smartwatch during class. (Put them in silent mode.)
- Let your child(ren) wander into or visit other families' spaces (we will go over ways to
- musically and gently redirect curious kiddos).
- Be afraid to let loose, boogie down, share your voice, and get into the groove!
FALL SESSION DATES: Thursdays, 10-10:45 am, September 29-November 17
This class will follow Galesburg-Augusta Public Schools for closings or delays. Every attempt will be made to offer an online class or a makeup class option in case of delays or cancellations.
To access your music on a mobile device, you’ll first need to download the free app, which is
available in the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
● Once in the app, you’ll have to log in by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner and
● If you do not have a Music Together® account, you’ll have to create one (follow the
prompts). As long as you use the same username and password you can access your
account on multiple mobile devices— so Mom’s phone, Dad’s phone, Kids’ tablet, etc. —
just be sure to use the same login info! (If you have an account already, you can just log in.)
● Once logged in, click the 3 dots in the top right corner again and click “Access Code.” Here
you will enter the access code from your family songbook - which you will receive the first
day of class - and click submit.
● Tap the music bubble and you will find your Music Together song collections along the
bottom red bar on your screen. Choose any song and play!
● Note: You can stream the music if you’re on WiFi or download it right onto your device using
the toggle button next to the cloud. Be aware that streaming without wifi uses data.
About Ms. Annie:
Annie is a registered Music Together teacher. She has
loved music her entire life and been immersed in different
opportunities from a young age. Her love of music and
singing led her to Western Michigan University where she
received her bachelor’s degree in Music.
After a decade of working in the retail world, she was ready
to make a change and focus more on work with music.
Music Together is the perfect outlet, it combines two of the
things she loves most, music and teaching children! Annie
lives in Portage with her husband and two children.
If you would like to sign up, please email Mr. Russell at: firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name, email, and cell phone. He will confirm with each family.