Math grades 5-8
Your child will be assessed to determine his/her math strengths and weaknesses. From there, he or she will be working on the following content according to his/her ability:
- Money/Telling time
- Number and Operations- place value, estimation, ordering and comparisons
- Pre-Algebra- patterns, relations, functions, and equations
- Measurement- units and systems of measurement, problem solving
- Geometry- shapes and properties, spatial reasoning
- Data and Probability- data representation, charts, graphs, probability
- You will learn and comfortably use math skills and vocabulary
- You will participate and have fun in classroom activities to further your knowledge in math
- You will be prepared to excel in math and make progress towards grade level curriculum
- You will have fun, share your knowledge and experiences, and grow together as a class
- Be in your assigned seat when the bell rings.
- Follow directions the first time they are given. If you have questions, I am happy to answer them.
- Bring all materials to class. If you forget a pencil, check the “Road Kill” bin.
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
- Be respectful of yourself and your peers. Hurtful words and/or actions will not be tolerated.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Learn and follow your G-A student handbook.
- Record all of your assignments in your agenda.
- When you come into our classroom, look for the warm up activity. Get started on it!
- Follow the CHAMPS guidelines that are posted in our room.
- I’ll dismiss you are the end of class- the bell is my reminder!
- This is our classroom, together, and as such we will all participate in its upkeep. Please clean up after yourself!
- Turn in your assignments, ON TIME, in the bins near the door.
- Verbal warning
- Private conference with teacher
- Lunch detention
- Half or full day in I.S.S.
- Student calls parent/guardian
- Loss of student activities
- Student, teacher, parent/guardian, and principal conference
- You will be graded on the following: in-class activities, homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and responsibility. Seminar grades will be based on bringing all materials to class, completing your agenda for each class, and working on the days’ assignments.
- Turn your assignments in ON TIME. This is an easy way to boost your grade.
- If at first you don’t succeed, you will have the opportunity to re-do assignments. This privilege will be given to only those assignments which have been fully completed and turned in on time.
- If you are absent, check the color coded “Absent Folder.” Look for your hour and write down the assignment you have missed. You will be responsible for doing this on your own!
- Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. I will try to respond promptly to questions or concerns.
- I am also available via telephone at (269) 484-2020.
- We are a team dedicated to helping your students excel! As such, please read your student’s syllabus, fill out, and return the brief questionnaire about your student and let me know how best to reach you.